July 08, 2023
Written by: Lori Green, BA, RDMS, RDCS, RVT
Click on image to watch video
The use of ultrasound has significantly increased over recent years as technology has improved and systems have become more portable and affordable. There are many benefits to utilizing ultrasound to diagnose and treat many musculoskeletal conditions. The use of high frequency ultrasound allows effective evaluation of soft-tissue areas, tendons, ligaments, muscle, bone, and joint injuries/pathology.
There are several advantages to using ultrasound including:
• No ionizing radiation to the patient
• Real-time imaging utilizing dynamic maneuvers to more effectively diagnose a wide variety of MSK conditions (rather than static imaging).
• Use of Doppler/Color flow imaging to assess vascular flow in both normal and pathologic conditions
• Ability to evaluate peripheral nerves and focal neuropathies
• Provides needle guidance for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
• Low cost
MSK Ultrasound in Military / Austere Environments:
The use of ultrasound is also extremely beneficial in warzone / Austere environments where there are limited resources and other available diagnostic testing. The use of ultrasound in these environments provides the ability to rapidly assess an injured military member that may impact decisions affecting patient outcomes, preservation of fighting forces, utilization of fixed resources, and minimizing over-all risks.
Performing and/or interpreting diagnostic/interventional ultrasound requires effective training that includes both didactic and comprehensive hands-on skills workshops. Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute is the leading provider of MSK Ultrasound education. Programs are offered in a variety of education formats to best meet the needs of the provider.
• Live Hands-On CME: (traditional education format) Programs: Includes lectures, hands-on workshops featuring a 3:1 participant to instructor ration and optional cadaver labs for the most comprehensive interventional skills training
• Blended Hands-On CME: Complete a comprehensive online, interactive course combined with a scheduled hands-on workshop.
• Onsite Hands-On CME: Available in blended or traditional education formats and held at your facility (groups of 5 or more participants).
• Private Hands-On CME: Scheduled at your convenience and held at GCUS education facility (blended education format only).
Begin integrating the use of ultrasound into your clinical practice to improve diagnostic accuracy, offer more treatment options, and improve patient outcomes/safety.
Don’t miss out on attending an upcoming MSK Ultrasound Program offered by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute.
Combined Live Courses
Serving the Medical Community
CME Credits Awarded
(727) 353-8222 - Google Ads