October 11, 2019
Written by: Mark Swanson
When sonographers, physicians, physician assistants, nurse midwives, or nurse practitioners perform ultrasound examinations the images they obtain provide valuable information as they strive to answer many questions:
What is causing the pelvic pain?
Is there a pelvic mass?
What is causing the abnormal uterine bleeding?
Is the IUD correctly positioned?
Is the fetus positioned properly, what is the heart rate, is there enough fluid, and where is the placenta located?
The questions are boundless!
A comprehensive experience combining lectures and hands-on instruction provides the most effective and efficient learning environment. Understanding the basics of ultrasound imaging, scanning technique, and image orientation is an important first step. GYN anatomy, scan protocols (TA & TV), GYN pathology, first trimester ultrasound, fetal survey and biometry, placenta, BPP, and multiple gestations round out the learning process.
Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute Introduction to OB/GYN Ultrasound Course
Taught by leading OB/GYN ultrasound experts and covers transabdominal and endovaginal scan techniques, as well as OB applications with a 3:1 participant to faculty hands-on ratio. This course is specifically designed for physicians, sonographers and other medical professionals who need OB/GYN ultrasound training. GCUS offers two (2) day OB/GYN ultrasound courses at our facility in St. Petersburg, FL that includes interactive case presentations. GCUS offers OB/GYN ultrasound training as a stand-alone two (2) day course, or as part of a five (5) day OB/GYN and Abdominal Ultrasound Training and CME program. In the five (5) day program, participants will learn ultrasound tips, tricks and skills for the entire OB/GYN and Abdominal region. All topics covered are based on AIUM and ACOG guidelines.
• Destination Education in St. Petersburg, Florida
• Trusted OB/GYN Ultrasound CME Leader Since 1985
• Most Comprehensive OB/GYN Ultrasound Course Available
• Industry Leading 3:1 Participant to Faculty Hands-On Scan Ratio
• Scan Groups Assigned Based on Specialty Practice and Level of Experience
• Master Level OB/GYN Ultrasound Faculty
• Lifetime Access to E-Course Materials
• State-Of-The-Art Lecture Facility and Scan Labs
• Choose from Multiple Leading Manufacturer Ultrasound Equipment
• Immediately Implement Skills Learned into Clinical Practice
• Expand Diagnostic & Interventional Services Offered
• ACCME Accredited with Commendation
• Free CME-Z Card with Registration (Save 5-10% off all future Gulfcoast product purchases)
The TOPICS of this course include:
Scan Protocol (TAS & TV)
GYN Pathology/Case Studies
First Trimester Ultrasound & Case Studies
Fetal Survey & Biometry
Placenta, Cervix, BPP & Twins
The OBJECTIVES of this course include:
• Increase the participants’ knowledge to better perform and/or interpret gynecology and obstetrical ultrasound examinations.
• Demonstrate proper transducer manipulation and system optimization to produce diagnostic images.
• Demonstrate routine scan protocols for performing transabdominal & endovaginal GYN scanning.
• Outline routine scan protocols for performing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd trimester obstetric ultrasound exams.
• State the normal and abnormal imaging characteristics of the ovaries and uterus and differentiate commonly seen pathology.
• List the indications and ultrasound findings for suspicion of an ectopic pregnancy.
• Identify normal fetal anatomy and perform biophysical profile.
• Apply appropriate measurement techniques to assess fetal dates and appropriate fetal development.
• Recognize commonly seen fetal abnormalities and their corresponding ultrasound imaging characteristics.
• Increase confidence to incorporate protocols, scan techniques, and interpretation criteria to improve diagnostic/treatment accuracy.
Serving the Medical Community
CME Credits Awarded
(727) 353-8222 - Google Ads