March 29, 2023
Written by: Mark Swanson, RDMS, RVT
Click on image to watch video
Ultrasound guidance allows real-time visualization of nerves, surrounding vascular structures, and continual visualization of the needle tip. This real-time imaging also allows the medical provider to:
1. Confirm alignment with the intended path of needle.
2. Make adjustments of the needle tip position during the procedure.
3. Utilize a reduced volume of local anesthetic compared to landmark techniques.
4. Confirm proper distribution of local anesthetic.
5. Maximize nerve block success and minimize complications.
The live, hands-on Ultrasound Guided Nerve Blocks in Emergency Medicine Applications Training Course at GULFCOAST ULTRASOUND INSTITUTE is designed for Emergency Medicine Physicians seeking to integrate ultrasound guided nerve blocks for pain management, or procedural applications into their clinical practice. The Ultrasound Guided Emergency Medicine Nerve Blocks Course is taught by leading emergency medicine/Point-of-Care (POCUS) ultrasound experts that specialize in ultrasound guidance nerve blocks and incorporates comprehensive lectures, interactive case presentations and extensive hands-on scanning. The scanning sessions offer the industry lowest 3:1 faculty to participant hands-on ratio with both live models (anatomy) and inanimate phantoms (interventional techniques) to increase competence to immediately begin integrating the skills learned into clinical practice.
Serving the Medical Community
CME Credits Awarded
(727) 353-8222 - Google Ads